Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hummus and Thai in North London

Whilst in London for a couple of days, I thought I would try avoiding the meaty fast food choices, and see what sort of healthier lunches, were available at pocket money prices.

The two places which gave me a tasty lunch at £3 or less were:
  • Hummus - sized nicely for lunchtime takeway and very well presented.
  • "Veg" on Euston Road - Thai cooking (non-meat) - fill your own takeaway tray
Being out and about exploring, and the weather being good, I choose takeaway, although both places provided seated areas for people looking to stay and eat.

If you are nowhere near those places, then a Friday lunch at Subway was also a good option for me ("Sub of the day" is Tuna)

Or perhaps you might be a bit more planned about things and take a look at one of the extensive "Vegetarian London" guides which contain over a hundred places to eat out in London.

When not munching fine takeaway fare, I managed to navigate on foot from Southwark to Marylebone and from Euston to SW7 (V&A Museum)

On the beer front I quite liked these real ales:

I enjoyed a walk across the Millenium Bridge after taking in some sculptures and modern arrangements at Tate Modern

A trip out to North Greenwhich to see what the O2 dome is about, and an unplanned but surprisingly full visit to The British Museum rounded out my trip.

No comments: